Sunday 17 May 2015

Life is a Class Room

Life is a Class Room

I was recently asked for my unbiased feedback.

I welcomed and offered that feedback with out concern that my suggestions would be used.

I shared my thoughts with out worry about judgment around the thoughts I offered.

I also took video. Video feedback has a lot for us to learn. It can be a simple and valuable tool in self-reflection.

A formal system for improvement is more about questions, observations  and understanding your end goal.

Feedback is amazingly valuable, in a receptive environment.
The key is being asked.

I admire those who ask for and apply feedback, especially those that ask their peers and colleagues.

I understand that there are multiples ways to help ourselves and others improve. I feel there is much value in self-analysis.

Therefore, if you are not yet comfortable asking others for their input, I suggest that you video yourself.

Although I do not feel academics, is the measure of all, I feel it is valuable here.
This video is a great example for teachers in any form or message to create skill development.

It speaks to variation and effectiveness.



Why?

 Do you have a system for measuring…

Your best environment for improvement.
            Asking yourself challenging questions.
            Finding multiple was to explain your ideas.
            Understanding if your message is understood.
Learning to correct your mistakes.
Asking constructive questions.
           
When giving a presentation do you set the goal or the outcome that you would like listeners to “walk away with” as a result of having spent their valuable time listening to you?

Do they observe and give feedback, when asked?
Do you ask for feedback and welcome constructive criticism, whether you utilize the opinion or not?
Do you understand the value of the diversity of opinions in your circle of influence?

If you have ever been asked for your input, feedback, opinion, constructive criticism
then you may feel the honor I have.

I felt valued and as though I had made a contribution.

There is variation among individuals.

I happy to honor that variation.  In it and more are my life lessons.


Where are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment