Sunday 10 May 2015

Obligations

Let's See Where 90 days takes us.

Day 56, 57, 58 Thursday, Friday, Saturday
and day 59, Sunday

Obligations

Political, Social, Legal, Moral, Traditional...
so many obligations
make for
such heavy times.

I did not feel like writing, posting, blogging.

So for 3 days
I did not force myself.

We force ourselves to do
so many things,
things we convince ourselves
are necessary.

2 of the 3 days I did not
even think
"I committed to blogging,
I should write and post
something."

Should,
Have To,
Got To,
Need.

"True guilt 
is guilt at the obligation 
one owes to oneself 
to be oneself. 
False guilt 
is guilt felt at not being 
what other people feel 
one ought to be 
or assume that one is."
R. D. Laing

Enough already.

The pressure we put on ourselves
takes all the joy out of it.

How about....
I Could,
I'd Like To,
I Can,
I Want.

The heaviness of obligation
when lifted
provides the
return and lightness
of Joy.

"Am I doing ______,
out of a sense of
obligation. Or do I really
want to?"

I'm learning to listen more,
to the differences
in what feels heavy
vs
what feels light.

Light feels right.

Right for me.

Have you found your light?






No comments:

Post a Comment