Monday 4 May 2015

Tolerance is a Gift - to a point.

Let's See Where 90 days takes us.
Day 53, Monday

Tolerance is a Gift - to a point.

Your willingness to accept the existence 
of opinions or behaviour
that you don't necessarily agree with, 
and the allowable amount of variation.

How much and how long we tolerate 
Can depend on many things.

We are all learning 
so I attempt to be tolerant.

Where I've noticed 
I'm challenged 
is 
in longer term relationships.

There's more time spent 
and a variety
of situations
for 
differences 
to show up.

Being tolerant can mean
accepting less than 
what you are looking for. 

"You're going to come across people in your life
 who will say all the right words
 at all the right times. 
But in the end,
 it's always their actions 
you should judge them by. 
It's actions, not words, that matter.
Nicholas Sparks, The Rescue

Now I don't agree with Mr. Sparks 100%,
but I don't live with him,
nor do we spend time together.
I won't hear or read this quote often
And there is enough of the quote
that I do agree with.

I put a lot of weight into actions.
I'll confess,
I'm learning to put more weight into
my own.

To me words matter
a great deal.

I've tolerated a difference
in words and actions,
my own and those of others.

Growing in congruence 
and 
shifting into something new
needs time to take shape.

We can be so hard on ourselves
And others.

Do you consider tolerating a gift to ourselves and others?






No comments:

Post a Comment