Wednesday 3 June 2015

Authors Undervalued

Authors Undervalued

I've been gathering research
on Authors and Writers.

I wanted to know 
their Why.

Why did they decide 
to Write and Publish 
A Book? 

For some 
it was 
many books.

What I have found 
in the process 
was more than an answer 
to my question. 

5 things I found
1 - a passion
2 - a struggle
3 - a motive
4 - a "NOW WHAT?"
5 - a Undervalued group of people.

Many wanted to know
the reason behind 
my question.
Why was I asking, 
was I writing a book? 

Others stated, 
You are writing a book.

I could
 and would
but I would not
be undervalued.

I started a crowd fund campaign

Many great campaigns
are crowd funded.

Authors are undervalued 
in many ways.

A powerfully relevant message
not already delivered, 
is hard to come by.

Getting in front 
of readers 
takes time and effort. 

The editing, publishing 
and marketing cost 
can be huge.

Creating a website, 
going to events, 
finding opportunities 
to speak,
finding those 
that can benefit 
from your message, 
are all separate 
full time jobs.

With all that, there is no longer time to write,
the reason for doing it all in the first place.

Are you an Undervalued Writer/Author?



No comments:

Post a Comment