Monday 6 April 2015

Better Every Day


Let's see what the next 90 days brings.

Day 25, Monday

Better Everyday

I was reading and marveling over 
the pleasure of escape given to me that last few days.

In the busy weekend, I've managed to find escape 
at the expense of a clean house.
In reading and in movies. 
Yes, the dishes are in the sink and the vacuuming still needs to be done.

But I took every opportunity to put my mind in a world that was not mine.

Is this escape, avoidance? 
Possibly. 
I do have bookkeeping that needs to go to my accountant.

But the musings that came, as I sat impatiently waiting for my computer to turn on, 
are worth exploring.

Want to be a better writer, 
read the words of Authors that write better.

I've been enjoying John Irving's The Cider House Rules.
A third of the way into the book and I am still not sure yet how the title fits, 
but I'm enjoying every word. 
I rarely indulge in fiction, 
but when I do, I can lose track of myself and time.

The book has inspired me to have a close look at the writings of others, 
as it mentions a character reading 
Charles Dicken's Great Expectations and David Copperfield 
as well as Charolette Bronte's Jane Eyre.

Modeling - seems to be what I'm inspired to do. 
Something I've never really been very good at.
I've questioned my own ability to be coached. 

But blogging daily shows me that, 
if I am to continue, 
I would like to have better writing skills.

What are you getting better at, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment